Fire Suppression - QA Inspector
Purpose of the Job
Facilitate the progressive assurance and certification of the Bond Street Station Fire Suppression System by confirming through inspection of the works that the installed Low-Pressure Water Mist system complies with the IFC design and the Works Information.
Carry out progressive ITP and Pre-IRF inspections on the Water Mist system. This includes:
o Checking the install is as the Fire design,
o Generating and submitting snag reports and
o Aiding the contractor in producing ITP assurance documentation if needed.
Represent the company (acting as Tier1 contractor) at joint inspections with the Client and 3rd party assurer.
Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to Target Zero principles.
Co-operate in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
Act as a role model for vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification, or destruction. Never knowingly put information or information systems at risk
Main challenges of the job
The role requires inspection of works within a six-level underground station construction site, so requires physical presence on site. In addition, the role requires:
• Efficiency in producing and processing documentation
• Understanding of design information such as drawings and specifications
• Use of test equipment as and when needed
• Ensuring timely access to works for inspection through use of relevant access control processes including WAD and Permit to Work
• Liaising with contractor, 3rd party assurer and client to coordinate inspections
The role holder must possess the following competences:
• Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Pipe Fitting and Assembly)
• Completed relevant pipe fitting apprenticeship
• Knowledge of CEA VdS 4001:2014 - VdS CEA Guidelines for Sprinkler Systems
• Current relevant CSCS card